- RSS Channel Showcase 1573735
- RSS Channel Showcase 1246463
- RSS Channel Showcase 8479286
- RSS Channel Showcase 5477402
Articles on this Page
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Attempt to smuggle ...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Wounded Yemenis bei...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Obstacles before wo...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Civil Defense deplo...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Movenpick reserves ...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Well-trained female...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Thousands of survei...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Shoura calls for sa...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _50 percent of alm-s...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Illegally slaughter...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _KFIA is connected t...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _New Street Hospital...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Grand Haj seminar b...
- 09/15/15--14:00: _Official: Pay rise ...
- 09/16/15--14:00: _Heavy rains close r...
- 09/16/15--14:00: _400 kg of heroin, h...
- 09/16/15--14:00: _Teenager arrested o...
- 09/16/15--14:00: _Missing old man fou...
- 09/16/15--14:00: _Restaurant catches ...
- 09/16/15--14:00: _Man rescued from Ta...
- 09/15/15--14:00: Attempt to smuggle amphetamine pills
- 09/15/15--14:00: Wounded Yemenis being treated in Saudi hospitals
- 09/15/15--14:00: Obstacles before working Saudi women
- 09/15/15--14:00: Civil Defense deploys advanced equipment
- 09/15/15--14:00: Movenpick reserves 1,200 rooms for Hajis
- 09/15/15--14:00: Well-trained female guides in Haram
- 09/15/15--14:00: Thousands of surveillance cameras installed
- 09/15/15--14:00: Shoura calls for save energy law
- 09/15/15--14:00: 50 percent of alm-seekers are in Makkah: Ministry
- 09/15/15--14:00: Illegally slaughtered sheep seized
- 09/15/15--14:00: KFIA is connected to 57 different destinations
- 09/15/15--14:00: New Street Hospital in Mina ready for pilgrims
- 09/15/15--14:00: Grand Haj seminar begins
- 09/15/15--14:00: Official: Pay rise to bring back labor from Ethiopia
- 09/16/15--14:00: Heavy rains close roads in Baha
- 09/16/15--14:00: 400 kg of heroin, hashish seized
- 09/16/15--14:00: Teenager arrested over Tabuk murder
- 09/16/15--14:00: Missing old man found dead
- 09/16/15--14:00: Restaurant catches fire, guests evacuated
- 09/16/15--14:00: Man rescued from Taif well
RIYADH — Custom authorities at Al-Durrah have foiled an attempt to smuggle 16,000 amphetamine pills into the Kingdom. Al-Durrah Custom Control Director, Mohammad Al-Aboush, said that during daily procedures, a suspicious vehicle was spotted and stopped by officers. After thorough inspection, amphetamine pills
Saudi Gazette report
NAJRAN — Over 1,500 Yemeni civilians injured in the current conflict are receiving treatment in the Kingdom, according to a Yemen Health Ministry representative.
Dr. Hussain Al-Ghanimi said 1,550 injured at the Wadiaa border point were receiving medical care at Saudi
Rashed Al-Fawzan Al-Riyadh ON the sidelines of the recent national forum for businesswomen in Riyadh, Minister of Labor, Mufrej Al-Haqbani, said a study on the main obstacles working Saudi women face was the lack of a suitable work environment in some provinces. For this reason, the ministry is currentl
The Civil Defense has deployed tanks capable of absorbing shocks and resisting high temperatures. Each tanker has a 15,000-liter water capacity, and is able to hold an additional 400 liters of foam. — Courtesy photo Badea Abu Al-Naja Saudi Gazette MAKKAH —
Badea Abu Al-Naja
MAKKAH — Movenpick Hotel and Residences Hajar Tower has 1,200 rooms reserved for pilgrims. Director General of the hotel Adel Erfan said the aim of Mövenpick Hotels worldwide was to provide the guests a sense of belonging and familiarity. &ldqu
MAKKAH — The Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques has appointed more than 1,000 highly qualified and well-trained female guides to work inside the Grand Mosque and its outside plazas during the Haj season to assist and guide women pilgrims.
Fatima Bint Zaid Al-Rishoud, director of the department of female guides
MAKKAH — Five thousand high-resolution surveillance cameras have been installed in the Grand Mosque and various Haj sites by the Grand Mosque security directorate, and there are plans to install thousands more.
Grand Mosque security director
Saudi Gazette report
RIYADH – The Shoura Council urged the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources to work on preparing a law for rationalization in the use of energy resources.
The Council called on the ministry to take necessary steps to maintain the stability of the oil market in
RIYADH — The Ministry of Social Affairs has reported that 50 percent of the beggars in the Kingdom, most of them expatriates with work visas, are in Makkah these days.
The ministry said out of the 24,674 beggars in the Kingdom, only 2,023 are Saudis. Many of the beggars
The Al-Sharie branch of Makkah Municipality raided a warehouse and confiscated 250 sheep illegally slaughtered and improperly stored to be sold to various restaurants. Fahd Bin Marzouq Al-Bishri, the municipality chairman, said five illegal expatriates who were running the warehouse were arrested and handed over to the concerned authorities for fur
Saudi Gazette report
DAMMAM — King Fahd International Airport (KFIA) announced it has a total of 36 different airlines connecting to 57 different destinations.
Airport Director Yousif Al-Thahri said the facility hosts three European airlines. “Lufthansa Airline is connecting Dammam
Badea Abu Al-Naja Saudi Gazette MAKKAH — The Al-Sharie Al-Jadeed (New Street) Hospital in Mina is well-equipped to provide round-the-clock medical services to the pilgrims who usually stay about five days in this suburban area which is about five km away from Makkah."The hosp
Grand Mufti and President of the Senior Scholars’ Commission Sheikh Abdulaziz Al-Asheikh and Haj Minister Bandar Hajjar at the inaugural session of the 40th annual grand Haj seminar, organized by the Ministry of Haj in Makkah on Tuesday. Several eminent scholars, thinkers and researchers from all over the world are taking part in the two-day e
Saudi Gazette report
DAMMAM — An Ethiopian diplomat has refuted claims that domestic labor recruitment from his country would recommence, saying that salaries would have to increase before any recruitment deal could be made.
Liaison Officer at the Ethiopian Embassy, Temsegen Omar, confirm
BAHA — Three main roads were closed on Sunday due to the heavy rain across the governorate. Baha Civil Defense spokesman Maj. Gen. Ali Al-Suwat said the transport directorate closed Qulwa Road, Al-Abnaa Road and Huzna Road due to heavy rain which lasted 45 minutes. The directorate decided to close the roads as it received a number of reports
NAJRAN — The police seized 417 kilograms of heroin and hashish smuggled into the Kingdom. The Anti-Drugs National Committee reported the seized drugs were in the possession of four Saudi men who smuggled the drugs from Yemen. The Haj season is an active season for drug smugglers, because the Kingdom is more lenient in custom control when rec
TABUK — A Saudi youth was arrested on charges of murder on Sunday. Tabuk Police Director Maj. Gen. Mohammad Al-Tamimi said the police received reports of a murder on Saturday. According to Tamimi, police discovered the suspect was a 17-year-old Saudi and tracked him down. The youth confessed to the crime when he was arrested and questioned.
JAZAN — A man in his 90s was found dead in a courtyard in Beesh. Jazan Police spokesman Lt. Gen. Mohammad Al-Harby said the deceased, Ali Mitari, was reported missing by his family four days ago. Police had been searching for the man when they found his body. The forensics’ report stated the man died of natural causes and there is no i
SAMTAH, Jazan — A restaurant caught fire with all workers and customers having to be evacuated. Samtah Civil Defense spokesman Capt. Yahya Al-Awaji said the fire started from a small flame in the restaurant’s kitchen. The workers of the restaurant panicked when they could not control the fire and the called the Civil Defense who were a
TAIF — Civil Defense rescuers saved a man after he fell into a well on Monday. Taif Civil Defense spokesman Col. Nasser Al-Sharif said they received reports of a 30-year-old man who had fallen into a well in Rehab District of the city. The well was five meters in diameter, 13 meters deep with four meters of water. Civil Defense officers haul