- RSS Channel Showcase 9221807
- RSS Channel Showcase 2520839
- RSS Channel Showcase 1425244
- RSS Channel Showcase 3214003
Articles on this Page
- 09/20/15--14:00: _Health hiccups
- 09/20/15--14:00: _MOH sets up 65 epid...
- 09/20/15--14:00: _Crane crash: Contra...
- 09/20/15--14:00: _Indian leader lauds...
- 09/20/15--14:00: _Saudis head to Egyp...
- 09/20/15--14:00: _Do not politicize H...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Three held on robbe...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Female gang of thie...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Expatriate shot in ...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Saudi arrested for ...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Expatriate injured ...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Illegal kitchen rai...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Municipality, counc...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Bonuses: Time to re...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Nazaha: Frustrating...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Salam app reports o...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Mashaer users can b...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Electric scooters f...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _1,295 transporters ...
- 09/21/15--14:00: _Concrete structure ...
- 09/20/15--14:00: Health hiccups
- 09/20/15--14:00: MOH sets up 65 epidemic field teams in the holy sites
- 09/20/15--14:00: Crane crash: Contractor ignored Emir’s earlier warning
- 09/20/15--14:00: Indian leader lauds compensation for victims of Makkah crane crash
- 09/20/15--14:00: Saudis head to Egypt for weekend holidays
- 09/20/15--14:00: Do not politicize Haj, scholars tell pilgrims
- 09/21/15--14:00: Three held on robbery charge
- 09/21/15--14:00: Female gang of thieves arrested
- 09/21/15--14:00: Expatriate shot in the knee in Jazan
- 09/21/15--14:00: Saudi arrested for shooting wife
- 09/21/15--14:00: Expatriate injured in car accident
- 09/21/15--14:00: Illegal kitchen raided in Makkah
- 09/21/15--14:00: Municipality, council at odds over waste fire
- 09/21/15--14:00: Bonuses: Time to review practice
- 09/21/15--14:00: Nazaha: Frustrating signs
- 09/21/15--14:00: Salam app reports over half a million downloads
- 09/21/15--14:00: Mashaer users can be increased to 500,000
- 09/21/15--14:00: Electric scooters for Civil Defense units at Jamrat
- 09/21/15--14:00: 1,295 transporters held for carrying illegal pilgrims
- 09/21/15--14:00: Concrete structure around crane
Abdul Mohsen Al-Hilal Okaz THE Ministry of Health has attributed 12 reasons as to why 62 of its projects have been delayed. After going through the reasons, I remembered the story of a general who asked his artillery commander the reasons why he did not fire. The commander gave ten answers, the first being that there w
Badea Abu Al-Naja
MAKKAH — The Ministry of Health has established 65 field teams for to handle epidemic investigation in its hospitals in Makkah and other holy sites.
Ministry spokesman Faisal Bin Saeed Al-Zahrani said the teams included specialists
Saudi Gazette report
MAKKAH – Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, emir of Makkah and advisor to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman, had instructed Bakr Bin Ladin, chairman of the Saudi Bin Ladin Group, to ensure the safety of tower cranes 11 days before the occurrence of the Grand Mos
Minister of Haj Bandar Hajjar shares a lighter moment with Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed, leader of India’s Haj goodwill delegation, during a reception at his office in Makkah on Sunday. Anwar Mohammed Khan, deputy leader of the delegation, Consul General B.S. Mubarak, and Deputy Consul General and Haj Consul Muhammad Noor Rahman Sheikh are also seen. — Courtesy ph
JEDDAH — Egypt has always been a favorite destination for Saudis with many of them heading there during Eid and summer vacations and also for long weekends. The country’s proximity means many Saudis consider Egypt to be their second home and not just a once-in-a-w
JEDDAH — Grand Mufti, Sheikh Abdulaziz Al-Asheikh, who is head of the Senior Scholars Commission and the Ifta Council and several other council members have strongly warned against politicizing the pilgrimage and said this is totally against
JEDDAH — Jeddah police arrested three gang members, all of Asian nationality, accused of beating and robbing people. Police received a number of complaints and reports on the activity of the gang and so formed a task force to track and arrest them. The individuals confessed to their crimes. Police are now investigating their involvement in s
MAKKAH — Makkah police arrested a gang of female pickpockets who had been targeting pilgrims in the Grand Mosque and other holy sites. Police found money, cell phones and other stolen items in the possession of the gang of seven women, all of African nationality. They were transferred to the police station for more investigation after confes
JAZAN — Police arrested a man who shot an Arab expat in the knee in Jazan. According to police, they received reports of a man being admitted to a local hospital with a gunshot wound. The injured man gave police the full name of the suspect. Police summoned the man and during interrogation he admitted shooting the victim in the knee. The sus
BURAIDAH — A Saudi man in his 30s was arrested for shooting his wife, injuring her in the shoulder. Police received reports of the shooting and went to the location and arrested the man, who was trying to escape. Police said the man was in an unstable condition and that they found two weapons in his possession. The wife was rushed to Al-Rass
BESHA — An Arab expatriate was critically injured as his car overturned on the Besha-Tathleeth Expressway. According to eyewitnesses, the man was driving at high speed when he lost control of the car which overturned on the side of the road. Police arrived at the location and the Saudi Red Crescent moved the injured man to a nearby hospital.
MAKKAH — Teams from Makkah Municipality stormed into a residential apartment where expatriates were preparing food illegally. According to a municipal official, the apartment was not fit for preparing food. Municipality staff noticed a van transporting food unsafely. When they investigated, they found the apartment where the food was being m
Saudi Gazette report
JEDDAH — Fire at the central waste disposal site in East Jeddah has caused a dispute between Jeddah’s municipal council and municipality.
Council members are demanding that neutral experts examine the site to identify the reasons of the fire
Salim Bin Ahmad Sahab Al-Madina IT is quite normal and logical for private companies and joint ventures — large or small — to reward employees when large profit objectives are met at the end of the fiscal year. This is especially so if there’s been consistent good performance for at least 3 years, wi
Saed Al-Soraihi Okaz THE National Anti-Corruption Commission (Nazaha) was severely criticized at a recent Shoura Council meeting. The criticism stems from the crushed hopes of citizens who expected more from the commission and expected it to fulfill its actual role. The accumulated experience of tho
Saudi Gazette report DUBAI — Salam – Haj & Umrah Guide has surpassed half a million unique installs from 155 countries around the world. During the last Haj season, Salam generated over 7 million unique events. Salam is available in English, Arabic, Indonesian, Malaysian,
Saudi Gazette report
JEDDAH — The number of Al-Mashaer Train passengers can be increased to 500,000 when necessary and there are contingency plans in place for this purpose, according to Abdullatif Al-Asheikh, Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs.
All departments in the ministry are re
Badea Abu Al-Naja Saudi Gazette MINA — For the first time, Civil Defense personnel will be using special electric scooters in the Jamrat facility to ensure the safety of pilgrims during the stoning ritual, commander of the Civil Defense forces in Jamrat area Brig. Nasser Al-Nah
Mina witnessed moderate rain on Monday bringing down the hot temperatures as pilgrims started gathering at the vast tent city for the annual pilgrimage of Haj that begins Tuesday. — SPA photo Saudi Gazette report MAKKAH — The number of vehicles either seize
A concrete structure is being erected around the fallen crane that crashed recently in the Grand Mosque’s eastern courtyard. It is to ensure public safety during the dismantling of the crane. The quantity of concrete being used to build the high structure around the crane cannot be estimated at this point. The dismantling process is being carried out very ca