- RSS Channel Showcase 3249248
- RSS Channel Showcase 3122233
- RSS Channel Showcase 3134263
- RSS Channel Showcase 6566846
Articles on this Page
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Circular bars paren...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _446,000 Yemenis cor...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _No breakdown in air...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Video on orphans’ r...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Indian consulate to...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _E-portal for Haj re...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Greedy landlords co...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Why do Arabs make f...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Rationalizing publi...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Philanthropy is not...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Push for education ...
- 08/13/15--14:00: _Homesick blues: Exp...
- 08/14/15--14:00: _Commerce Ministry u...
- 08/14/15--14:00: _Commerce Ministry c...
- 08/14/15--14:00: _No match for him: Y...
- 08/14/15--14:00: _12 edu channels for...
- 08/14/15--14:00: _Pilgrim smugglers s...
- 08/14/15--14:00: _Hearing set in suit...
- 08/14/15--14:00: _Madinah to Usfan ra...
- 08/14/15--14:00: _Brownout in western...
- 08/13/15--14:00: Circular bars parents from classrooms
- 08/13/15--14:00: 446,000 Yemenis correct residency status
- 08/13/15--14:00: No breakdown in airport air-conditioning
- 08/13/15--14:00: Video on orphans’ riot fake, says ministry
- 08/13/15--14:00: Indian consulate to mark I-Day
- 08/13/15--14:00: E-portal for Haj registration to stay
- 08/13/15--14:00: Greedy landlords control the rental market
- 08/13/15--14:00: Why do Arabs make fun of other people?
- 08/13/15--14:00: Rationalizing public spending is a must
- 08/13/15--14:00: Philanthropy is not about building mosques
- 08/13/15--14:00: Push for education reform
- 08/13/15--14:00: Homesick blues: Expats recall pain of celebrating Eid away from home
- 08/14/15--14:00: Commerce Ministry unveils steps for reporting irregularities
- 08/14/15--14:00: Commerce Ministry closes down gas station for adulterating petrol
- 08/14/15--14:00: No match for him: Young man divorces wife for watching match
- 08/14/15--14:00: 12 edu channels for border region
- 08/14/15--14:00: Pilgrim smugglers sternly warned
- 08/14/15--14:00: Hearing set in suit against Haj Ministry
- 08/14/15--14:00: Madinah to Usfan railway completed
- 08/14/15--14:00: Brownout in western, southern regions
RIYADH — Education Minister Azzam Al-Dakhil has sent a circular to government and private schools all over the Kingdom instructing them not to allow any parent to enter classrooms during school hours. He asked the schools to assign security guards to organize parents’ visits, which should be limited to meetings with principals, tutors or class
RIYADH — A total of 446,000 Yemenis who had arrived in the Kingdom before April 9 and were living illegally in various regions of the country have corrected their residency status so far, the Directorate General of Passports said on Thursday. The grace period granted by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman to illegal Yemeni residents will te
MADINAH — Mohammed Al-Fadil, director general of Prince Muhammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Madinah, has denied any breakdown in the air conditioning system at the airport. He attributed the unusual heat inside the lounges to ongoing work to synchronize the cooling system to hot summer weather. He said the system would be fixed at 24 degr
MAKKAH — A video showing a number of orphans rioting inside the Ministry of Social Affairs’ social education home in Makkah to protest substandard services is fake, a senior official at the ministry has said.
Abdullah Al-Muaiqil, undersecretary at the ministry’s Makkah Province branch, said some residents had showed their
JEDDAH — A flag hoisting ceremony will be held at the Consulate General of India premises in Jeddah on the occasion of the country’s Independence Day at 8 a.m. on Saturday, according to a press release.
Consul General B.S.Mubarak will hoist the flag on the occasion. All Indian nationals, persons of Indian origin and friends of India a
JEDDAH — The Haj Ministry will not go back on its e-portal program for the registration of domestic pilgrims and Haj service-providing companies, the ministry’s undersecretary, Hussein Al-Sharif, said. He warned that any company that refuses to register its prices and type of services in the program would not be allowed to work during this year
Many young Saudi men today realize that they will never be able to own their own homes, let alone their own land. Will owning an apartment also become impossible? In fact, the rent for apartments has skyrocketed and is sometimes equal to the amount paid for renting a villa in the past.
There is nothi
Nothing gets on my nerves like hearing someone making fun of another’s appearance. I do not understand how those people have the audacity to laugh at how someone looks or appears. By doing so, they are objecting to the way God has created this person.
It is regrettable that this practice is very c
Hashim Abdo Hashim
Some economic facts cannot be overlooked. Some social and security considerations cannot be ignored. The real challenge is taking heed of these facts and considerations in a balanced way.
The United Arab Emirates recently scrapped fuel subsidies and let the global prices of gas and diesel contr
Saudi Gazette report Saudi Arabia is known for its large number of philanthropists and charity givers and it has been said that many of the charities channel their resources to building mosques, digging wells or taking care of orphans. However, a growing number of philanthropists and social activists say it is high time these orga
Saudi Gazette report An official report released by the Ministry of Education showed that over 300,000 male and female students at the elementary, middle and secondary school levels failed to pass the 2015 academic year. On average, the ministry spends SR18,000 a year on each student, which means nearly SR5.4 billion will need to be reallocated
Saudi Gazette report Millions of expatriate workers in the Kingdom spend Eid holidays away from their families due to work commitments or financial constraints. Separated by thousands of kilometers, they feel nostalgic and home sick during this joyous occasion. Al-Riyadh daily reports on how expatriates spend Eid away from home a
The Ministry of Commerce unveiled the steps to be taken by complainants against commercial establishments practicing irregularities.
Following a report of a violation by a commercial establishment, the ministry produced this video (Know Your Right). It shows the steps needed to be taken to lodge a complaint. — SG
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry closed down a gas station in Jeddah for mixing Petrol (91 Grade) with other substances. This is in response to a report of adulteration by a citizen, who published a video on the social media. — SG
JEDDAH – A story about a Saudi young man who divorced his wife for watching a soccer match is circulating in Twitter, with tweets both is favor and against of the action abounding.
The scholarship student in Britain, after seeing her on TV watching
RIYADH — The Ministry of Education is studying a proposal to launch 12 educational channels as an alternative to regular classes for male and female students in the southern border regions of the country.
In the proposal, experts suggest that schools in the region utilize modern satellite technology to transmit lessons to pro
RIYADH — The Ministry of Interior has issued a stern warning to motorists transporting people who intend perform Haj without permit to Makkah and the holy sites.
It said any driver found transporting illegal pilgrims would be arrested, imprisoned for 15 days and his vehicle seized.
The illegal pilgrim, whether
MAKKAH — The administrative court in Makkah will look into a lawsuit filed on Thursday by owners of domestic pilgrim service companies against the Ministry of Haj.
The companies demanded the court’s intervention to stop the ministry from implementing its decisions regarding the e-portal system for the registration of pi
JEDDAH — Construction of rail tracks between Usfan and Madinah for has been completed, sources close to the Haramain Train Project said.
The 350-kilometer stretch of the railway via King Abdullah Economic City in Rabigh has 70 bridges intersecting major roads, the sources said, adding that a test run will be carried out befor
RIYADH — Many cities in the western and southern parts of Saudi Arabia experienced a power outage for several hours on Thursday night.
The Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) said in a statement on Friday that a technical breakdown in the power grid disrupted operations at several plants and feeding stations, causing the partial