- RSS Channel Showcase 3804263
- RSS Channel Showcase 5712900
- RSS Channel Showcase 7949501
- RSS Channel Showcase 8467172
Articles on this Page
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Summer course for s...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Firefighters battle...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Car plunges into se...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Authorities play do...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _New school year to ...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Is Saudis’ passion ...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Female Daeshis and ...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Makkah region accou...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Strict action sough...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Air traffic intensi...
- 07/22/15--14:00: _Balad heritage fest...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _Indian consular tea...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _Expat hospitalized ...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _Ministry preps ency...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _Road link with Oman...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _12 million perform ...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _No cuts in Haj quot...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _Corniche harassers ...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _Blackmailing offici...
- 07/23/15--14:00: _Privatization of he...
- 07/22/15--14:00: Summer course for students
- 07/22/15--14:00: Firefighters battle Jeddah building fire
- 07/22/15--14:00: Car plunges into sea, driver killed
- 07/22/15--14:00: Authorities play down video of little girl sitting on Zamzam bottle
- 07/22/15--14:00: New school year to begin as scheduled: Al-Dakhil
- 07/22/15--14:00: Is Saudis’ passion for post-Ramadan foreign travel dying out?
- 07/22/15--14:00: Female Daeshis and mahram permit
- 07/22/15--14:00: Makkah region accounts ‘for a third of all abuse cases’
- 07/22/15--14:00: Strict action sought as increase seen in land encroachment
- 07/22/15--14:00: Air traffic intensifies with end of Eid break
- 07/22/15--14:00: Balad heritage festival draws more than 800,000 visitors
- 07/23/15--14:00: Indian consular teams in Bisha, Najran
- 07/23/15--14:00: Expat hospitalized with coronavirus
- 07/23/15--14:00: Ministry preps encyclopedia of sermons
- 07/23/15--14:00: Road link with Oman by year-end
- 07/23/15--14:00: 12 million perform Umrah this season
- 07/23/15--14:00: No cuts in Haj quota after this year
- 07/23/15--14:00: Corniche harassers denied bail
- 07/23/15--14:00: Blackmailing officials by videotaping them
- 07/23/15--14:00: Privatization of healthcare services is not the solution
JEDDAH — An Indian community group here has announced the launch of Darul Ilm short-term religious course for students from Tuesday, July 21. The alumni of Jamia Nizamia have been organizing this program every summer since 1997.
Scholars from Jamia Nizamia will teach the correct recitation of the Qur’an (Tajweed) and memorization (Hif
Saudi Gazette report
JEDDAH – Civil Defense personnel here rescued six workers trapped inside an apartment building that was on fire on Wednesday, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
Lt. Col. Muhammad Othman Al-Qarni, Civil Defense spokesman in the Makkah region, said the fire broke out in a seven-story buildin
Abdul Majeed Dawoud
MADINAH — A young Saudi man drowned in the Yanbu Bay after his car plunged into the sea. He was in his 20s.
Col. Shabnan Bin Mubarak Al-Qarni, spokesman for the Border Guards in Madinah, said on Wednesday the operations room received information that a car with a driv
Saudi Gazette report
MAKKAH — The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques has played down a video clip that went viral on social media showing a little girl sitting on a Zamzam bottle at the Grand Mosque with her pants down.
It said the little girl did not contaminate the water in any way,
RIYADH — Education Minister Azzam Al-Dakhil has denied reports that the resumption of classes in schools after the summer break may be put off until after the Haj, which falls this year in September.
The schools are scheduled to reopen on Aug. 23, the minister sai
Saudi Gazette report
RIYADH — Only about 250,000 Saudis, representing less than 1.25 percent of the 20-million strong population, traveled out of the country on the first three days of Shawwal, following the fasting month of Ramadan."It seems that the Saudis' passion for traveling abroad at the end of
Samar Al-Mogren Al-Jazirah A female teacher recently left the country via Jeddah’s King Abdulaziz International Airport to travel to Turkey and then onto Syria so as to join Daesh. She is divorced and has three children. Did this Daeshi woman hold a permit from her guardian allowing her to travel? Only God knows. Do the three childr
Saudi Gazette report
MAKKAH — A third of all reported violence and abuse cases in the Kingdom occurred in Makkah province, according to figures from the Ministry of Justice quoted by the Arabic daily Makkah.
Of the 1,516 cases of violence or abuse reported throughout the Kingdom over the past six months, 506
Saudi Gazette report
TABUK – Encroachment on private and public land has increased with nearly daily reports in the local media of authorities’ efforts to reclaim encroached land and prosecute land encroachers.
Real estate experts have said in order to put an end to the practice, stricter penalties nee
Mohammed Al-Abdullah Okaz/Saudi Gazette DAMMAM — Land and air traffic movement across the Kingdom has intensified with the return of the government and private sector employees to work after the Eid Al-Fitr holidays. The return of the employees after the 12-day Eid break has aggravated the already acu
Saleh Fareed Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — The heritage festivals Ramadanana Kida (Our Ramadan Was Like This) and Eidena Kida (Our Eid Was Like This) that concluded in the historic Balad District of Jeddah on Monday proved to be a hit for the second year in a row with a total of more than 800,000 visitors from around the K
JEDDAH — Teams from the Consulate General of India will visit the southern cities of Bisha and Najran on Friday (July 24) to provide consular services to Indian nationals residing in these regions. The teams will camp at Hotel Al-Ofaz in Bisha (Tel. 017-6231133) and Najran Hotel in Najran (Tel 017-5221949/5221418). Services will be available
RIYADH — A 32-year-old expatriate has contracted the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) and has been admitted to a government hospital in Riyadh on Wednesday in a critical condition. The Ministry of Health said this was the first coronavirus case to be registered in the country since July 16. The ministry noted that the
RIYADH — Minister of Islamic Affairs, Endowments, Call and Guidance Saleh Al-Asheikh has ordered the distribution of an “encyclopedia” of Friday sermons among mosque imams all over the Kingdom. The encyclopedia, prepared by the ministry’s top scholars, contains 77 sermons dealing with a variety of topics relating to the cre
RIYADH — A 566-kilometer-long international road linking Saudi Arabia and Oman will be completed by the end of the year, the Dammam-based Alsharq newspaper reported on Thursday quoting Hazloul Al-Hazloul, undersecretary at the Transport Ministry. He said so far large sections of the road, which will cross the Empty Quarter desert, have been
MAKKAH — More than 12 million Muslims from within the country and abroad performed Umrah and visited the Grand Mosque during the Umrah season that started in November, according to Sheikh Abdulrahman Al-Sudais, head of the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques. Sheikh Sudais, speaking on Wednesday during the Eid celebrat
MAKKAH — The upcoming Haj will be the last season when the number of foreign and domestic pilgrims will be restricted below the permitted levels. In view of the ongoing expansion work in the Grand Mosque in Makkah, the Saudi government had ordered in 2012 a 50 percent reduction in the number of domestic pilgrims and a 20 percent cut in quota
JEDDAH — The Bureau of Investigations and Public Prosecution (BIP) has refused to release on bail four young men — three Saudis and an Arab expatriate — arrested on charges of harassing two girls on the Corniche on the day of Eid Al-Fitr. The bureau extended their detention for another 15 days. Sources close to the BIP said more
Ali Saad Al-Musa
LET me be frank from the start. Salih Al-Monis, director of Najran Health Affairs, is a former college mate of mine. We are still good friends. If anyone thinks for a second that I will be biased when I write about the last incident that happened to him during which he was captured in a video
Abdullah Sadiq Dahlan
THE healthcare service issue has not been treated seriously for years, especially in terms of the quality of services and the balance between demand and supply. The problem continues to exist despite the billions of riyals the government allocates to the Ministry of Health’s budget, one