- RSS Channel Showcase 2919262
- RSS Channel Showcase 8171583
- RSS Channel Showcase 8409249
- RSS Channel Showcase 9936026
Articles on this Page
- 09/17/15--14:00: _Random slaughterhou...
- 09/17/15--14:00: _It is unfair to rep...
- 09/17/15--14:00: _Tourism instead of oil
- 09/17/15--14:00: _‘It is a great priv...
- 09/17/15--14:00: _Indian mission wins...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _Late pilgrims’ tran...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _MERS: Two doctors, ...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _KAMC saves life of ...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _More questions abou...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _An expensive apartm...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _Being self-employed...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _26,000 paramedics, ...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _Ministry ensures no...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _Recycling medication
- 09/18/15--14:00: _Haj security is a r...
- 09/18/15--14:00: _Custodian of the Tw...
- 09/19/15--14:00: _Man saved from drow...
- 09/19/15--14:00: _Jeddah warehouses c...
- 09/19/15--14:00: _Expat arrested for ...
- 09/19/15--14:00: _Boy drowns in Wadi ...
- 09/17/15--14:00: Random slaughterhouses sprout ahead of Eid Al-Adha
- 09/17/15--14:00: Tourism instead of oil
- 09/17/15--14:00: ‘It is a great privilege to serve pilgrims’
- 09/17/15--14:00: Indian mission wins accolades for excellent Haj operation
- 09/18/15--14:00: Late pilgrims’ transport plan activated in Madinah
- 09/18/15--14:00: MERS: Two doctors, nurse punished for negligence
- 09/18/15--14:00: KAMC saves life of a man with clot in heart
- 09/18/15--14:00: More questions about recruitment
- 09/18/15--14:00: An expensive apartment for rent
- 09/18/15--14:00: Being self-employed is the solution for the youth
- 09/18/15--14:00: 26,000 paramedics, 4,400 doctors to serve pilgrims
- 09/18/15--14:00: Ministry ensures no seasonal work visa violations in Haj
- 09/18/15--14:00: Recycling medication
- 09/18/15--14:00: Haj security is a red line not to be crossed
- 09/18/15--14:00: Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques’ Guests Program for Haj and Umrah
- 09/19/15--14:00: Man saved from drowning
- 09/19/15--14:00: Jeddah warehouses catch fire
- 09/19/15--14:00: Expat arrested for stealing
- 09/19/15--14:00: Boy drowns in Wadi Al-Nab’ah Dam
Saudi Gazette report WITH the approach of the Eid Al-Adha, the Islamic festival of sacrifice, unlicensed butchers and livestock vendors have started rearing their ugly heads once again in many parts of the Kingdom in the absence of effective official monitoring. Even though local authorities have been making p
What is going on in some public hospitals is utterly unfair. Terminating the contract of an expatriate nurse who is qualified and replacing her with an unqualified Saudi nurse is unfair.
I completely understand the problems arising from our heavy dependence on expatriate workers
Ibrahim Muhammad Badawood
Allah the Almighty has bestowed so many blessings on our land; at the top of the list of blessings is that He chose it to be the cradle of Islam and the land of the Two Holy Mosques.
We have been blessed with oil, which has helped our country take great strides in dev
Saudi Gazette report It is a great privilege to get an opportunity to serve the Guests of God, says Mohd. Shahid Alam, India’s Haj consul-designate. “I see this is a very big responsibility. The success of any system or officer depends on whether new initiatives are taken to further improve the sy
Deputy Indian Consul General and Haj Consul Mohammed Noor Rahman Sheikh addresses a press conference at the Makkah office of the Indian Haj mission, Wednesday evening. Next to him is Mohd. Shahid Alam, Haj consul designate. — SG photo Hassan Cheruppa Saudi Gazette With the last fl
MAKKAH — The General Cars Syndicate Friday started carrying out its emergency plan for transporting late visitors to the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah to Makkah. This is in preparation for implementing the plan for ascent to the holy sites using 200 buses. This was disclosed by secretary general and spokesman of the syndicate Marwan Rashad Zubeid
RIYADH — The Ministry of Health has penalized two male doctors and a nurse working in government hospitals in Riyadh for noncompliance with measures for combating infection with coronavirus that causes MERS. The punishment of the specialist internist and the an emergency doctor was decided after they were found to be negligent in implementing measure
MAKKAH — King Abdullah Medical City coordinated with related authorities to transport a Saudi man in his 60s by air ambulance from Hera General Hospital in Makkah to the Medical City in less than 60 minutes. Catheterization operation was carried out to remove a blood clot in the citizen’s heart. This is one of the cases that has been transporte
Ahmed Abdulrahman Al-Arfaj
I recently met our Saudi ambassador in the Philippines, Abdullah Al-Busairi, while visiting the country. I asked him about the problems many Saudis wishing to recruit workers from the Philippines still have. Our conversation was productive and the ambassador elaborated on the root causes of the proble
Many young men today believe that they cannot own their own homes, let alone their own land. Will owning an apartment also be impossible? In fact, the rent for apartments has skyrocketed and is sometimes equal to the amount paid for renting a villa in the past.
There is nothing to keep in check the i
Rashid Muhammad Al-Fawzan
Being self-employed is not common culture in our country and other Gulf States. Before you ask me how I came to this conclusion or on what basis I have based my results, let me brief you on a report issued by Asiya Investments Company.
Francisco Quintana, president of research, said in th
MAKKAH — All health facilities in the holy sites and Makkah are ready to serve 1.2 million pilgrims who have arrived in the Kingdom to perform Haj. They will be served by 26,000 paramedics, 4,400 male and female doctors and 15,000 technicians. This came in a press conference Khaled Al-Falih, minister of health, held Thursday.
RIYADH — The Ministry of Labor has started carrying out its work in detecting seasonal work visa violations in Makkah and the holy sites by inspecting and monitoring at all the gateways in Makkah Province, apart from the gateways being used by those who obtained visas for seasonal work. Dr. Abdullah Abu Ithnain, undersecretary of the Ministry of Labo
Saudi Gazette report It seems many of the Kingdom’s pharmacies allow customers to return prescription medicines regardless of the dangers involved in doing so. A medicine that is taken outside the pharmacy should not be returned under any circumstances because if it is exposed to the sun or other elements, its chemical
Saudi Gazette report Every year security officers exert great efforts to ensure that nothing disrupts the security of the Haj season and the peace of pilgrims. The government mobilizes all its agencies and sectors to ensure that the pilgrims perform the Haj rituals with ease, and to eliminate any possible dangers that might jeopardize the level
Saudi Gazette report The Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Endowments, Dawah, and Guidance has launched this year a program targeting leading Muslim figures all over the world. The program has so far hosted 500 Umrah pilgrims since the beginning of the Umrah season and intends to host another 500 more by the end of the year, Al-Riyadh daily reported.
DAMMAM — The Border Guard rescued a man from drowning in the Arabian Gulf. Eastern Province Border Guard spokesman Capt. Omar Al-Aklabi said the Border Guard saved a drowning man and resuscitated him before transporting him to the hospital.
The man was injured but his condition is stable and is slowly recovering. He apologize
JEDDAH — Two warehouses caught fire Friday. Makkah Civil Defense spokesman Col. Saeed Sarhan said the warehouses contained tires and car batteries which are flammable items. The Civil Defense extinguished the fire before it spread even further. There were no injuries reported.
UNAIZAH, QASSIM — An Asian man was arrested for stealing SR75,000 from his sponsor. Qassim Police spokesman Badr Al-Sihaibani said Unaizah Police received a call from a citizen in which he reported his house has been broken into as his window glasses were shattered. The police ran a thorough investigation and tracked down a 2
MAKKAH — A boy lost his life when he drowned in Wadi Al-Nab’ah Dam and three others were rescued on Friday. Sultan Ruwaibih said his 10-year-old nephew Osama Ruwaibih went out with three of his cousins to perform Asr prayer at a local mosque. After prayer, they all went to the dam to swim but he drowned and the others w