Articles on this Page
- 07/25/15--14:00: _10,000 hospital bed...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Historic mosque in ...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Visitors see ‘hidde...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Two wounded in bord...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Asian worker commit...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Mentally-ill man st...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Fire in hospital wa...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Not for ablution
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Saudi student celeb...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _How do expats celeb...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Gas station shut do...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Suspect freed after...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Doctor on duty assa...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Criminalize vilific...
- 07/25/15--14:00: _Abha festival opens...
- 07/26/15--14:00: _Yemeni worker kille...
- 07/26/15--14:00: _Youth injured savin...
- 07/26/15--14:00: _Woman went missing ...
- 07/26/15--14:00: _Hospital hands over...
- 07/26/15--14:00: _Six health official...
- 07/25/15--14:00: 10,000 hospital beds in Makkah region in 5 yrs
- 07/25/15--14:00: Historic mosque in Umluj being renovated
- 07/25/15--14:00: Visitors see ‘hidden hand’ in accidents near Madinah park
- 07/25/15--14:00: Two wounded in border shelling
- 07/25/15--14:00: Asian worker commits suicide
- 07/25/15--14:00: Mentally-ill man stabs relative
- 07/25/15--14:00: Fire in hospital warehouse doused
- 07/25/15--14:00: Not for ablution
- 07/25/15--14:00: Saudi student celebrates success at UK’s Swansea
- 07/25/15--14:00: How do expats celebrate Eid?
- 07/25/15--14:00: Gas station shut down for mixing liquids with fuel
- 07/25/15--14:00: Suspect freed after no weapons found
- 07/25/15--14:00: Doctor on duty assaulted in Hail town; suspect in police custody
- 07/25/15--14:00: Criminalize vilification of religious symbols, says Saudi official
- 07/25/15--14:00: Abha festival opens way for productive families
- 07/26/15--14:00: Yemeni worker killed as missile hits farm
- 07/26/15--14:00: Youth injured saving kids from fireworks
- 07/26/15--14:00: Woman went missing on Eid still not found
- 07/26/15--14:00: Hospital hands over wrong body to family
- 07/26/15--14:00: Six health officials jailed for corruption
Saudi Gazette report
JEDDAH — New healthcare projects being implemented in Makkah Province will raise the capacity of hospital beds in the region to more than 10,000 in the next five years, the Saudi Press Agency said on Saturday.
Officials in the Direct
Saudi Gazette report
UMLUJ — The Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH) began renovating Abu Gabal Mosque in Umluj, a historical area of Tabuk Province.
The renovation of the mosque is being carried out preserving th
Saudi Gazette report
MADINAH — The Traffic Department has dismissed rumors of a "hidden hand" in accidents that hit a mountainous area in Madinah, the Arabic daily Makkah reported.
Many people visiting the city believe that the large number of
NAJRAN — Two men were injured in Najran after they came under shelling from across the Yemen border on Friday. Capt. Mohammad Al-Samghan, deputy spokesman for Najran Civil Defense, said the victims were a Saudi and a Yemeni. The Saudi man had spotted a shell on the ground and picked it up think
BURAIDAH — An Asian expatriate in his 50s committed suicide on Thursday. Qassim Police spokesman Capt. Badr Al-Suhaibani said police received reports of an Asian man who killed himself. Although the cause of death remains unclear, police said he hurt himself repeatedly until he died. The victim’s body was t
AHSA — A mentally disturbed man stabbed a relative multiple times. Eastern Province Police spokesman Col. Ziyad Al-Ruqaiti said the man, who is believed to be in his 40s, repeatedly attacked his victim who was later taken to hospital by the Red Crescent. Police arrested the man and sent him to a mental health institution. The case
JAZAN — A warehouse storing medical equipment at Jazan's King Fahd Central Hospital caught fire on Friday. Jazan Health Affairs said the fire started after an air conditioner in the warehouse exploded. The Civil Defense extinguished the fire and no injuries were reported.
Worshippers in the holy city of Makkah ignore a large sign that warns against using the drinking water taps for ablution. — Courtesy Makkah
Saudi Gazette report RIYADH — A graduating Saudi student at Swansea University in Wales, UK, has credited her achievement to her family’s support, the King Abdullah Scholarship program and her own drive to succeed.
Fahd Jleid Al-Jazirah How did expats celebrate their Eid? I posed this question to a number of expatriates of different nationalities. The answer was almost unanimous. They spent the Eid holidays either sitting idle at home or visiting their compatriots. This was t
JAZAN — The municipality shut down a gas station in Jazan for selling fuel mixed with water and other liquid substances. Ibrahim Kariri, a senior employee at the municipality, said a citizen reported the station saying the 95 octane fuel they sell had a different hue than usual. The citizen said he went to another station to confir
BAHA — Police here released a man who they suspected of possessing weapons. Baha Police spokesman Lt. Gen. Bandar Al-Ghamdi said officers spotted a man leaving his car and running away from them in Baha. They chased him fearing he had weapons. Officers eventually arrested the man and questioned him. He was released after no weapons
Saudi Gazette report
HAIL — The Health Affairs Directorate in Hail said police have arrested a Saudi man who allegedly attacked a doctor working in a primary health center in the town of Turabah on Monday night.
This latest attack against medical personn
LILLE, France — Saudi Arabia has reiterated its call on the international community to criminalize any act vilifying religious beliefs and symbols of faith as well as all kinds of discrimination based on religion.
Addressing an international symposium on media coverage of religious
The productive families exhibition at Abha Shopping Festival has witnessed a flurry of activity with participants showcasing a variety of items, including foodstuffs, handicrafts, clothes and accessories. Fatimah Al-Zamil, in-charge of women’s section of the festival, lauded the support given by the organizers to the productive families. She said t
JAZAN — A Yemeni man died after being hit by a missile that landed in a farm. Jazan Civil Defense deputy official spokesman Capt. Mohammad Samghan said the Civil Defense received reports of the incident and found the body of a Yemeni worker at the scene in Al-Qanbourah village. Saudi security authorities are investigating the sourc
The young man who was injured while saving a group of children from the flames of fireworks receiving treatment at King Abdulaziz Specialist Hospital in Taif. — Okaz photo TAIF — A young man sustained a fracture in his skull and burns in his left eye and several other parts of his body
BURAIDAH — Police are continuing their search for a 21-year-old woman who went missing on July 17, the first day of Eid. A video posted on social media websites showed a woman begging people to look for her missing daughter. The mother said she went out with her daughter for the Eid prayer and they came home together. The woman lat
DAWADMI — The General Hospital in Dawadmi formed a committee to investigate an incident in which the family of a dead patient received the wrong body. The mistake sparked outrage in social media websites. The hospital said it was treating the case seriously and would hold accountable those who were responsible for the negligence. I
RIYADH — Six public sector employees have been sentenced to prison and fines of up to SR1 million after they were convicted of corruption charges. Abdulrahman Al-Ajlan, official spokesman for the National Anti-Corruption Commission (Nazaha), said all six officials were employed in the Ministry of Health. The charges against them in