- RSS Channel Showcase 3960187
- RSS Channel Showcase 2843014
- RSS Channel Showcase 9558991
- RSS Channel Showcase 6240083
Articles on this Page
- 07/09/15--14:00: _Pak minister lauds ...
- 07/09/15--14:00: _Saudi wins Dubai Qu...
- 07/09/15--14:00: _SR2.57 billion for ...
- 07/09/15--14:00: _Women struggling to...
- 07/09/15--14:00: _When will the healt...
- 07/09/15--14:00: _When will expats st...
- 07/09/15--14:00: _We should be proud ...
- 07/09/15--14:00: _Bonding with friend...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _Fire destroys awnin...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _Drug smuggling atte...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _Status correction t...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _More flights to Jed...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _Danger lurks in cou...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _Proposing marriage ...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _The battle between ...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _In defense of resta...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _Housemaids in Ramadan
- 07/10/15--14:00: _The municipality’s ...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _60,000 additional s...
- 07/10/15--14:00: _Municipality readie...
- 07/09/15--14:00: Pak minister lauds facilities for pilgrims
- 07/09/15--14:00: Saudi wins Dubai Qur’an contest prize
- 07/09/15--14:00: SR2.57 billion for projects in 20 countries
- 07/09/15--14:00: Women struggling to juggle
- 07/09/15--14:00: When will the health minister act on defective hospital equipment?
- 07/09/15--14:00: When will expats stop taking jobs away from Saudis?
- 07/09/15--14:00: We should be proud of Saudi companies
- 07/09/15--14:00: Bonding with friends and family a thing of the past
- 07/10/15--14:00: Fire destroys awnings cluster
- 07/10/15--14:00: Drug smuggling attempt foiled at Batha
- 07/10/15--14:00: Status correction to continue through Eid
- 07/10/15--14:00: More flights to Jeddah demanded
- 07/10/15--14:00: Danger lurks in counterfeit parts
- 07/10/15--14:00: Proposing marriage in a public place
- 07/10/15--14:00: The battle between municipality and restaurant owners
- 07/10/15--14:00: In defense of restaurant cockroaches
- 07/10/15--14:00: Housemaids in Ramadan
- 07/10/15--14:00: The municipality’s war against restaurants
- 07/10/15--14:00: 60,000 additional seats for Umrah pilgrims
- 07/10/15--14:00: Municipality readies 5 temporary car parks
JEDDAH — Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Saleh Al-Asheikh met with Pakistan’s Religious Affairs Minister Sardar Muhammad Yousuf at his office in Jeddah on Wednesday. They discussed ways to further enhance cooperation between the two countries in general and Islamic fields in particular. Yousuf, who arrived to perform Umrah
RIYADH — Faisal Al-Harthy from the Qur’an Memorization Society in Taif has won the first prize in recitation category of the Dubai International Holy Qur’an Award (DIHQA) competitions, which concluded in Dubai on Tuesday night. Sheikh Ahmed Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, chairman of Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum F
RIYADH — The Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) allocated a total of SR2.57 billion for development projects in 20 countries across the world in 2014. Minister of Finance Dr. Ibrahim Al-Assaf announced this while presenting the annual report of the SFD for 2014. He said 13 projects with a total cost of SR1.051 billion were financed i
Saudi Gazette report The Kingdom’s scholarship program has provided opportunities to thousands of male and female students to travel and study abroad. It also has given them a chance to get acquainted with a new life, culture and social traditions, many of which a
Those tasked with monitoring and controlling performance within government agencies do not need to set up complaint boxes to know if a certain department is not fulfilling its duties properly.
The directors of department do n
Humood Abu Talib
When statistics confirm that the unemployment rate of Saudi workers is increasing and the number of expatriate workers is also increasing, we are forced to ask the obvious question: why has this happened even though the relevant government bodies give the
Rashid Muhammad Al-Fawzan
I have many times put links to the Almarai company on my Twitter account because this company has made a documentary on how it produces its goods. As far as I know, it is the only company that has made a documentary like this. If anyone know
Saudi Gazette report Sometimes a minor confrontation or problem can cause members of the same family or close friends to act with hostility against one another. All of a sudden the close and warm ties that bind us begin to unravel, turning people distant and cold.
RIYADH — Civil Defense firefighting teams in Riyadh fought a fire that broke out among a cluster of awnings located at the northern ring road in Al-Nakheel district opposite King Abdullah Financial Center on Thursday.
Maj. Muhammad Al-Hammadi, spokesman for the Civil Defense in Riyadh region, said the Control and Guidance Cen
RIYADH — An attempt to smuggle more than 2.5 million amphetamine pills into the Kingdom was foiled by customs officers at Al-Batha crossing.
The pills were hidden under a vehicle. Abdulrahman Al-Muhanna, director general of Al-Batha customs, said a private car arrived at the checkpoint and officers began to inspect it.
RIYADH — The Directorate General of Passports has announced that work will continue in all of its centers for rectifying the status of Yemeni nationals in all regions of the Kingdom through the Eid Al-Fitr holidays.
Passport officers will be on duty from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. during the holidays between July 16 and 20.
DAMMAM — A number of citizens have complained that domestic flights from Dammam to Jeddah have been fully booked to the extent that even reservations on waiting lists were unavailable.
The disgruntled passengers demanded that the number of flights from Dammam to Jeddah be increased to one flight every hour instead of two hour
Saudi Gazette report IT is estimated that anywhere between 15 and 30 percent of all car spare parts available in the Kingdom are counterfeit. Consumers continue to buy counterfeit parts because of their low prices and availability, overlooking the fact that counterfeit spare parts can compromise the safety of
Shahd Alhamdan Saudi Gazette LIFE is full of coincidences, some very minor, but occasionally — extraordinary. Life also has a funny way of bringing us to the exact people and places to create circumstances that could be impactful in one’s life, such that some coincidences could play a major role in alterin
It seems that the business interests of restaurant owners are more important than the health and safety of their diners.
There is a ferocious campaign against some of Jeddah Municipality officials who shut down a number of restaurants that violated health and safety regulations.
I did not understand the recent statement made by Prince Abdullah Saud Muhammad, chairman of the Tourism Committee at the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, about restaurants that were shut down for violating health and safety regulations.
In the statement, he warned ab
It seems that the Holy Month of Ramadan is not only for fasting and praying. Domestic servants seem to capitalize on the month.
Most families need housemaids throughout the year, especially in Ramadan when most families cannot enjoy Ramadan without a housemaid.
I commend the Jeddah Municipality for shutting down some restaurants that violated health and safety regulations and for naming and shaming these restaurants in the media.
The municipality took the right step to end practices that have scant regard for public health and safety. The munici
JEDDAH — Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) has added over 60,000 seats during the holy month of Ramadan on flights from domestic airports Kingdomwide to King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah in order to accommodate domestic passengers wishing to perform Umrah.
Khaled Hammad Al-Bluwi, assistant executive general manager
MAKKAH — Makkah Municipality has prepared five temporary car parks at the gateways to Makkah where passenger vehicles belonging to Umrah pilgrims will park.
The parking lots will help ease congestion common during the last 10 days of Ramadan. The lots are distributed at the gateways to Makkah on Jeddah Expressway, Madinah Exp