Articles on this Page
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Two young men with ...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _3 dead in road acci...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Two get jail, trave...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Truck catches fire ...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Mentally-ill patien...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _MWS honors AIMJF pr...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _30 new Huffaz award...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _JETWA event highlig...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Derecognition of ma...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Fire breaks out in ...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Global Village spru...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Indian Haj mission ...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Spurned by kin, 400...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Arabs can't ev...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Our desert and Euro...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _IDCC campaign again...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _Young Saudis gettin...
- 07/07/15--14:00: _King urges extra ef...
- 07/08/15--14:00: _15 dead, many hurt ...
- 07/08/15--14:00: _5 workers injured i...
- 07/07/15--14:00: Two young men with drugs held
- 07/07/15--14:00: 3 dead in road accident
- 07/07/15--14:00: Two get jail, travel ban for joining Daesh
- 07/07/15--14:00: Truck catches fire after road accident
- 07/07/15--14:00: Mentally-ill patient murders another
- 07/07/15--14:00: MWS honors AIMJF president
- 07/07/15--14:00: 30 new Huffaz awarded at a Riyadh ceremony
- 07/07/15--14:00: JETWA event highlights why Muslims fast in Ramadan
- 07/07/15--14:00: Derecognition of madrasas will not be tolerated: Azmi
- 07/07/15--14:00: Fire breaks out in high-voltage Makkah transformer
- 07/07/15--14:00: Global Village spruces up for the 30-day Jeddah Festival
- 07/07/15--14:00: Indian Haj mission goes further high tech
- 07/07/15--14:00: Spurned by kin, 400 stay in Taif's mental hospital
- 07/07/15--14:00: Arabs can't even do atheism right
- 07/07/15--14:00: Our desert and Europe’s meadows
- 07/07/15--14:00: IDCC campaign against diabetics targets children
- 07/07/15--14:00: Young Saudis getting JOY in feeding the poor this Ramadan
- 07/07/15--14:00: King urges extra efforts to serve pilgrims better
- 07/08/15--14:00: 15 dead, many hurt in accidents
- 07/08/15--14:00: 5 workers injured in roof collapse
RIYADH — The National Anti-Drugs Committee arrested two young men who appeared in a viral video posted on Sunday showing them with a large amount of drugs. National Anti-Drugs Committee spokesman Col. Salman Al-Nashwan said video showed the two men with a large amount of hashish. The committee arrested them and transferred them to the Bureau of Inve
MAKKAH — Three men died and one was injured in a road accident on Monday. Makkah Traffic Department head Talat Al-Mansour said the accident involved a truck and two cars. The truck was heading to Makkah but swerved onto the opposite road crashing into two cars and killing three persons in two cars. The driver of the truck was injured and the department is
JEDDAH — The Jeddah Penal Court on Monday sentenced two Saudi men to prison and banned them from traveling for joining the terrorist organization Daesh. The court reported that the first man traveled to Syria illegally and joined Daesh where he was trained. He also married a foreign woman illegally. The court handed him a two-year jail term and a two-year
JEDDAH — A truck caught fire on Monday after a road accident on Makkah-Madinah Highway obstructing transportation of pilgrims. Makkah Civil Defense spokesman Col. Saeed Sarhan said Civil Defense had to close down the road to protect the citizens from the fire and the leaking gas. The Civil Defense were able to extinguish the fire and no injuries were repo
Badea Abu Al-Naja
MAKKAH — A Turkish patient, under treatment at the Makkah mental hospital, allegedly killed a Sudanese patient who was having treatment with him in the same hospital, according to Makkah police.
Col. Attiyah Al-Qurashi said when the homicides, the forensic experts and o
Syed Mussarat Khalil Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — The Memon Welfare Society (MWS) hosted an Iftar/Dinner in honor Iqbal Memon, official and notable figure of the World Memon Organization (WMO) and president of All India Memon Jamats Federation (AIMJF) at Lasani Restaurant here. While addressing the audienc
Waqar Naseem Wamiq RIYADH — The Islamic holy month of Ramadan offers lots of blessings and increases religious zeal among Muslims and it is also the month during which Holy Qur’an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). It is also the month when Muslims memorize the Qur’an and are awarded for it.
JEDDAH — Tamil Islamic scholar Ibrahim Madani, while delivering an insight into “Why Do Muslims Fast During the Month of Ramadan and the Purpose of Fasting” also expounded on the need for iman (faith), accompanied by righteous deeds, to win favor from Allah and be allowed a place in Paradise. Madani was so erudite that the messa
Muhammad Mujahid Syed Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — “There are more than 1,800 madrasas (school for Islamic instructions) in Maharashtra. They provide free education to the children of poor Muslim families and have been playing a vital role and shouldering government’s responsibility in the development of India
Badea Abu Al-Naja Saudi Gazette MAKKAH — The Civil Defense was able to put off a fire that broke out Tuesday in a transformer in Al-Sharaie District in the east of the holy city. Spokesman Col. Saeed Sarhan said the Civil Defense units first used manual fire extinguishers after disconnecting the elect
JEDDAH — The Global Village is getting ready for the activities of 30-day Jeddah Festival with expectations of receiving over a million visitors.
The Global Village covers an area of over 2,000 sq. meters. Participants in the village have come from all parts of the world.
Hassan Cheruppa Saudi Gazette JEDDAH – With the introduction of WhatsApp service and a toll free number for the coming Haj, the Indian Haj Mission has upgraded the high tech services to facilitate a smooth and hassle-free Haj operation. Adahi coupons from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) will be gi
Saudi Gazette report
TAIF — Some families of those incarcerated in Taif mental hospital have changed their contact numbers so as not to be pursued. Others have flatly refused to accept their own dear ones. This is the tragic situation of the 400 patients who have been abandoned by their families in the hospital commonly kn
Mohammad Al-Buraidi Al-Sharq An Arab atheist is usually a parasite — someone who claims to be knowledgeable but is not and will probably eventually commit suicide. Many Western atheists have been discoverers, inventors or prize-winning authors with goals to achieve in life. An Arab atheist is usually a drunk, certainl
Khaled Al-Solaiman Okaz Unemployment is no longer the most volatile or the much talked about issue. It has never been an issue that the jobs are hard to find. The issue has always been the type of available jobs that may be to the linking of our people. However, lately the unemployment issue has taken a back seat giving way
Shahd Alhamdan Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — The International Diabetes Care Center (IDCC) at Prince Sultan Road is hosting a Ramadan campaign for children aged between 9 to 12 years to educate them on ways to make healthy choices regarding their health and lifestyles. Thirty kids, half of them boys, are in
Layan Damanhouri Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — Striding with a large supply of bags of Al-Baik meals in the heart of Al-Ruwais and Aziziya districts, a group of young Saudis choose to spend their late afternoons during Ramadan handing out food to the poor. A group of young Saudis studying in Washington, came
Saudi Gazette report
JEDDAH — The concerned government and private agencies have been asked to redouble their efforts to provide all available facilities to the millions of faithfuls thronging the Two Holy Mosques during the last ten days of Ramadan. The call came from Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman who was
MADINAH — At least 15 people died and several others were injured in road accidents in various parts of the Kingdom on Tuesday. Nine people were killed and five injured when a speeding vehicle toppled over on Madinah-Qassim Road. Qassim Health Affairs spokesman Dr. Ibrahim Al-Thuwaini said all the victims were from a Yemeni family. Thr
ARAR — Five workers were injured when the roof of a building under construction collapsed in Al-Matar District of the northern border city of Arar. Civil Defense spokesman Fahd Al-Asmari said the injured were taken to hospital. He said a 300 sq. meter area of the roof collapsed.