- RSS Channel Showcase 2160557
- RSS Channel Showcase 9831547
- RSS Channel Showcase 4076368
- RSS Channel Showcase 4619417
Articles on this Page
- 07/01/15--14:00: _Prince Alwaleed ple...
- 07/01/15--14:00: _King to inaugurate ...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _Intend Etikaf in Ha...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _Food inspectors rai...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _New coronavirus cas...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _40 new mosques to b...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _Two-year probation ...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _WAMY extends iftar ...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _7 Saudis, two forei...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _Encouraging youth v...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _Why do we waste mil...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _Why do some rich Sa...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _Protect our childre...
- 07/02/15--14:00: _Improving road safety
- 07/03/15--14:00: _5.4 million Umrah p...
- 07/03/15--14:00: _Saudi tourists spen...
- 07/03/15--14:00: _Tourism photography...
- 07/03/15--14:00: _Gang arrested for b...
- 07/03/15--14:00: _Bids to smuggle 4.3...
- 07/03/15--14:00: _Over 280,000 Yemeni...
- 07/01/15--14:00: Prince Alwaleed pledges his $32 billion fortune to charity
- 07/01/15--14:00: King to inaugurate Madinah airport today
- 07/02/15--14:00: Intend Etikaf in Haram? Register online
- 07/02/15--14:00: Food inspectors raid unhygienic kitchen
- 07/02/15--14:00: New coronavirus case reported in Hofouf
- 07/02/15--14:00: 40 new mosques to be ready by year’s end
- 07/02/15--14:00: Two-year probation for teachers
- 07/02/15--14:00: WAMY extends iftar project to Guinea, Niger
- 07/02/15--14:00: 7 Saudis, two foreigners arrested for suspected terrorist activities
- 07/02/15--14:00: Encouraging youth volunteerism during Ramadan
- 07/02/15--14:00: Why do we waste millions of meals in Ramadan?
- 07/02/15--14:00: Why do some rich Saudis receive welfare benefits?
- 07/02/15--14:00: Improving road safety
- 07/03/15--14:00: 5.4 million Umrah pilgrims from abroad
- 07/03/15--14:00: Saudi tourists spent SR77.5b abroad
- 07/03/15--14:00: Tourism photography prizes announced
- 07/03/15--14:00: Gang arrested for beating up expatriate
- 07/03/15--14:00: Bids to smuggle 4.36kg of gold foiled
- 07/03/15--14:00: Over 280,000 Yemenis rectify status
RIYADH — Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal on Wednesday pledged his entire $32-billion (SR120 billion) fortune to charitable projects over the coming years.
The prince said in a statement that the “philanthropic pledge will help build bridges to foste
Saudi Gazette report MADINAH — Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman will inaugurate the new Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Madinah in a grand ceremony on Thursday night. The event will be attended by Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Naif, deputy prime minister an
MAKKAH — Worshippers intending to sit in Etikaf at the Grand Mosque in Makkah can now do so by registering themselves online following the launch of a new system by the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques. Bandar Muhammad Al-Khuzaim, director of the IT department at the presidency, said the service allow
MAKKAH — Officials from Makkah Municipality raided and closed down a residential unit used to house expatriate workers where food was being prepared in an unhygienic fashion for sale at a popular eatery in the Al-Buhairat district of the city. Luay Jamal Ashour, spokesman for the municipality, said supervisors are working around th
RIYADH — A new case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) was reported by the Ministry of Health in Al-Hofouf last week. A source from the ministry reported it tested 736 samples during the past week. “The health institutes disinfection team visited public health medical staff who frequently interact with
RIYADH — The Masjid Charity Organization built 20 new mosques last year and plans to complete a further 40 by the end of the current year. “The budget for last year’s projects reached SR9.7 million. We are already working on 40 different projects with a budget of SR40 million,” said a source at the charity. He add
MAKKAH — New teachers employed in the Kingdom will be placed on probation for two years instead of the present one year, the Ministry of Education announced recently. The ministry has also lengthened its provisional teacher training period in compliance with the recommendations of the Council of Civil Service. “Candidates who
JEDDAH — The World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY) is continuing efforts to implement its charitable iftar project in several poor countries of the world. This year’s focus is on a number of undeveloped districts of the Guinean capital Conakry, where more than 600 poor and needy people benefited. WAMY also carried out its ift
RIYADH – Authorities in Saudi Arabia have arrested nine people, including two foreigners, over the past two days for involvement in suspected terrorist activities in various regions of the country, security sources said on
Saudi Gazette report The Kingdom’s youth, both male and female, have immense potential that should be utilized for the greater good of society. The holy month of Ramadan is the best time to volunteer as students of all ages are on vacation. With ample time to spare, experts say stud
Rashid Muhammad Al-Fawzan
I would first like to wish everyone Ramadan Kareem. May Allah accept our fasting! Every Ramadan, families spend a lot of money on food. I would like to remind everyone of the importance of moderation whe
Sulaiman Abdullah Al-Ruwaishid
The Kingdom’s welfare system has been running for over 50 years helping the poor and the needy. It takes care of families and individuals, and provides them with the bare minimum to ensure that they do not need to ask people for m
Fahd Bin Jolaid
It is a grave mistake that amusement parks hire expatriate male workers to operate rides as some of them sexually abuse children. Some of them touch our children’s bodies pretending that they are trying to help them get into rides or to ensure
Saudi Gazette report Despite efforts to curtail the number of accidents and traffic-related injuries including the introduction of the Saher traffic monitoring system, the Kingdom’s roads remain a dangerous place where it is a common sight to see drivers flouting rules. Reckless driving behavior and a
MAKKAH — The number of Umrah performers from abroad since the beginning of the Umrah season on Safar 1, 1436 AH (Nov. 23, 2014) has reached 5.4 million.
When the season ends in mid-Shawwal (end of July), the number is expected to cross 6 million. The Ministry of Haj has prepared suitable plans and mechanisms to ensure the sta
RIYADH — The total spending by Saudi tourists abroad in 2014 crossed SR77.5 billion compared to SR74.5 billion in 2013, marking an increase of 4 percent.
The spending on domestic tourism grew by 80 percent during the year compared to 2013. The spending reached SR41.7 billion in 2014 against SR23.3 billion in 2013.
JEDDAH — Three young men won the first three prizes in the First Jeddah Contest for Tourism Photography.
They were selected from 300 photographers who participated in the contest and presented 350 photographs under the auspices of the Tourism Development Council in Jeddah in cooperation with the Saudi Commission for Tourism a
JEDDAH — The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of Jeddah Police arrested a three-member gang that robbed an expatriate in south Jeddah.
The expatriate was stopped by one of the gang members as he was walking on a subsidiary road in south Jeddah and asked for help with an address.
The man then threatened
JEDDAH — Customs officers at King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) in Jeddah foiled two separate attempts to smuggle a total of 4.36 kilograms of gold ornaments that were found hidden in the underwear of two arriving passengers, said Muhammad Al-Aqeel, director of the airport customs.
In the first smuggling attempt, the
RIYADH — The Passport Department announced that the number of illegal Yemeni expatriates whose status has been rectified has reached 280,569 as of Thursday.
Rectification centers set up in different regions of the Kingdom receive Yemenis and issue them visitor cards.
The Passport Department called on Yemenis w