- RSS Channel Showcase 3273603
- RSS Channel Showcase 3139295
- RSS Channel Showcase 4948440
- RSS Channel Showcase 1966746
Articles on this Page
- 06/24/15--14:00: _Sacked KFH head cla...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Mutawwifs must be l...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Man gets 7 years fo...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _187 heroin capsules...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Mosque demolished w...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _‘Dawami’ for Saudia...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Finance Ministry la...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Six new prisoner ho...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Briman Prison to be...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Three soldiers kill...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Rampant crime in Ma...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _The authenticity of...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _What is the differe...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Why do government d...
- 06/25/15--14:00: _Bringing Ramadan wo...
- 06/26/15--14:00: _Independent commiss...
- 06/26/15--14:00: _11,435 stranded Yem...
- 06/26/15--14:00: _SWCC pumping more w...
- 06/26/15--14:00: _SACC to distribute ...
- 06/26/15--14:00: _13 new reformatorie...
- 06/24/15--14:00: Sacked KFH head claims innocence
- 06/25/15--14:00: Mutawwifs must be licensed
- 06/25/15--14:00: Man gets 7 years for joining Daesh
- 06/25/15--14:00: 187 heroin capsules seized at airport
- 06/25/15--14:00: Mosque demolished without approval
- 06/25/15--14:00: ‘Dawami’ for Saudia staff to log attendance
- 06/25/15--14:00: Finance Ministry launches 10 new e-services
- 06/25/15--14:00: Six new prisoner hotels opened
- 06/25/15--14:00: Briman Prison to be demolished
- 06/25/15--14:00: Three soldiers killed in border attack
- 06/25/15--14:00: Rampant crime in Makkah’s Tandabawee neighborhood
- 06/25/15--14:00: The authenticity of Ramadan offers should be verified
- 06/25/15--14:00: What is the difference between the Passport and Traffic Departments?
- 06/25/15--14:00: Why do government departments sabotage each other’s projects?
- 06/25/15--14:00: Bringing Ramadan working hours forward
- 06/26/15--14:00: Independent commission to run endowments
- 06/26/15--14:00: 11,435 stranded Yemenis repatriated
- 06/26/15--14:00: SWCC pumping more water to holy cities
- 06/26/15--14:00: SACC to distribute 100,000 iftar meals
- 06/26/15--14:00: 13 new reformatories being constructed
Hussain Hazzazi Okaz/Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — The ex-director of King Fahd Hospital in Jeddah who was sacked after a hospital facility was found lacking in cleanliness and full of insects and cockroaches has claimed innocence and said he was being made a scapegoat. Hammad Shujaa said
MAKKAH — The Grand Mosque Directorate has banned unlicensed mutawwifs (Haj guides) from offering their services in the Grand Mosque. Mohammad Al-Emairy, director of the Grand Mosque, said the license requirement for mutawwifs is to ensure the comfort and security of pilgrims and avoid strangers misleading pilgrims.
JEDDAH — A Saudi man was sentenced to seven years in prison and fined SR5,000 for joining Daesh. The Jeddah Penal Court heard that the man stole a relative’s passport, which he used to travel to Syria via Turkey. The man appealed the sentence claiming he did not join Daesh and was in contact with his father to return to the K
JEDDAH — Custom officers at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah seized 187 heroin capsules that were being smuggled into the Kingdom by two Asian travelers who had swallowed them. Mohammad Al-Aqeel, director general of Custom Control at the airport, said the capsules were discovered in two smuggling attempts. One of the
MAKKAH — The municipality recently demolished a mosque in the Al-Miaisim district of Makkah without the approval of the Directorate of Mosques and Endowments. Musab Al-Hajaji, director of mosques and endowments, said he was surprised to hear that the municipality had demolished the mosque to make way for other projects. He said the municipality usual
DAMMAM — Saudi Airlines is to introduce in July a new system, entitled “Dawami,” that allows employees to sign in and out of work using their fingerprints. The system, however, will only be operational in Dammam and Qassim initially. Zamil Al-Essaimi, assistant general manager for Information Technology at Saudia, said
AL-KHURMA — The Ministry of Finance is to launch 10 new e-services that will allow government directorates to submit budgeting reports, process financial requests, issue checks, transfer money and make online payments. All e-processes will be documented and users will receive confirmation messages of the services they use.
RIYADH — The Ministry of Interior has opened six hotels specifically for prisoners in various cities of the Kingdom. The hotels in Riyadh, Jeddah, Abha, Khamis Mushayt, Hail and Madinah contain 88 suites for Saudi and non-Saudi inmates. Maj. Gen. Saeed Al-Hasaniyah, deputy director general of prisons, said the hotels are part of a
JEDDAH — The minister of interior has ordered the demolition and reconstruction of Briman prison to make room for a new and better equipped prison facility. Maj. Gen. Ibrahim Al-Hamzy, director of prisons, said the minister has allocated SR400 million for the new facilities, which will have capacity to hold 2,700 inmates. He added
RIYADH — Three Saudi soldiers have been killed on the Kingdom’s border with Yemen, the Saudi Press Agency reported Thursday, quoting a statement by the Saudi-led Joint Forces Command. Two Saudi soldiers, Sergeant Farhan Ahmad Al-Haqawi and First Soldier Ahmed Moussa Mutami from the land forces, were killed at sunset Wednesday
Ahmed Allihyani Okaz/Saudi Gazette Although the Tandabawee neighborhood, named after a tree that possess innumerable health benefits, is located southwest of the Grand Mosque, its residents complain the long-neglected neighborhood is full of undocumented workers, criminals, di
This is the time of the year when Saudi markets see a huge demand for food items, especially traditional Ramadan food. As a result, many traders seek to make up for poor sales in previous months by taking full advantage
Rashid Muhammad Al-Fawzan
The Passport Department and the Traffic Department are both affiliated to the Interior Ministry which has been undergoing gigantic development in terms of its e-services. This development means
We are used to cases of city or regional municipalities removing individuals or groups of people who have encroached on government land. However, there has been a recent
MAKKAH — Sheikh Saleh Bin Abdulaziz Al-Asheikh, minister of Islamic affairs, endowments, call and guidance, has announced the establishment of an independent commission for endowments.
He said the commission’s administration would be separated from the ministry and would be supervised by a governor with the rank of mini
RIYADH — King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Work contributed to repatriating 11,435 stranded Yemenis to their country through coordination with the evacuation and humanitarian operations cell in the Ministry of Defense.
Spokesman for King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Work Raafat Al-Sabbagh said the ce
RIYADH — The Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC) is providing nearly 890,000 cubic meters of desalinated water daily to visitors of the Grand Mosque in Makkah and the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah.
It also pumped nearly 102 million cubic meters of water to Makkah and Madinah regions over the past 50 days to cover t
JEDDAH — Saudi Airlines Catering Company (SACC) launched its annual Ramadan initiative “Iftar Sa’em” on the first day of Ramadan.
The SACC will distribute 100,000 iftar meals in Riyadh, Jeddah, Madinah and Dammam throughout the month. SACC’s annual “Iftar Sa’em” initiative echoes
JEDDAH — Director General of Prisons Maj. Gen. Ibrahim Al-Hamzi has disclosed that the directorate is implementing a strategic plan to develop prisons in all regions of the Kingdom to provide inmates with facilities conforming to international standards.
Al-Hamzi said 13 new reformatories are being constructed at a total