- RSS Channel Showcase 7894671
- RSS Channel Showcase 7314819
- RSS Channel Showcase 8503343
- RSS Channel Showcase 5301339
Articles on this Page
- 06/19/15--14:00: _316 labor law viola...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _200,000 altered Qur...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Jawazat to operate ...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Two complexes of de...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Man who killed sist...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Probe links Sawa sc...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _1.5 million perform...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _New MoL measures fa...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Who is going to com...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Does a hotel have t...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Abdulaziz Gate in G...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _The instinct to int...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Saudi women use soc...
- 06/19/15--14:00: _Saudi women blazing...
- 06/21/15--14:00: _Municipality razes ...
- 06/21/15--14:00: _6 nurses die in acc...
- 06/21/15--14:00: _Man blames hospital...
- 06/21/15--14:00: _City workers accuse...
- 06/21/15--14:00: _Egyptian bazaar sho...
- 06/21/15--14:00: _67 tons of food pro...
- 06/19/15--14:00: 316 labor law violators arrested
- 06/19/15--14:00: 200,000 altered Qur’an copies seized
- 06/19/15--14:00: Jawazat to operate 18 hours a day
- 06/19/15--14:00: Two complexes of dental clinics planned
- 06/19/15--14:00: Man who killed sister arrested
- 06/19/15--14:00: Probe links Sawa scam to Al-Qaeda
- 06/19/15--14:00: New MoL measures facilitate recruitment of domestic workers
- 06/19/15--14:00: Who is going to compensate the victims of power outages?
- 06/19/15--14:00: Does a hotel have the right to lock a guest in a room?
- 06/19/15--14:00: Abdulaziz Gate in Grand Mosque reopened
- 06/19/15--14:00: The instinct to intervene in the cell phone age
- 06/19/15--14:00: Saudi women use social media to market cooking skills
- 06/19/15--14:00: Saudi women blazing trail of success
- 06/21/15--14:00: Municipality razes Al-Masafi buildings
- 06/21/15--14:00: 6 nurses die in accidents
- 06/21/15--14:00: Man blames hospital for brother’s death
- 06/21/15--14:00: City workers accused of assaulting boy
- 06/21/15--14:00: Egyptian bazaar showcases unique products
- 06/21/15--14:00: 67 tons of food products destroyed
BAHA — As many as 316 people of various nationalities were arrested in the Baha Province last month for violating the Kingdom’s residency and labor regulations, police said on Friday.
Media spokesman for Baha Police Col. Saad Bin Saleh Trad the arrests were made during raids as part of the ongoing crackdown on residency
MAKKAH — The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Makkah Police arrested six Asian workers with over 200,000 altered copies of the Holy Qur’an in their possession.
Spokesman for Makkah Police Lt. Col. Ati Al-Qurashi said the six Asian workers stored the altered copies of the Qur’an in a warehouse.
JEDDAH — Maj. Gen. Khalafallah Al-Twairiqi, director general of the Passport Department (Jawazat) in Makkah Region, said Jawazat personnel are working in shifts to keep the department operating 18 hours a day.
This facilitates providing suitable time for citizens and expatriates during the month of Ramadan.
JEDDAH — The Directorate of Health Affairs in Jeddah governorate is carrying out two new projects. The first one is the construction of a specialist dental center in North Jeddah with a capacity of 100 clinics and another dental center with the same capacity in the southern part of the governorate.
According to Dr. Fawzi
JEDDAH — Jeddah Police arrested a man in his 20s who killed his sister at her place of work in Al-Andalus District in Jeddah a week ago.
The man forced his way into the confectionery store his sister worked at and shot her 5 times at point blank range with a pistol.
Spokesman for Makkah Region Police Lt. Col.
RIYADH — Investigations revealed that people who were involved in a Sawa investment scam had close connections with Al-Qaeda terror network.
Issuing its verdict against four Saudis and a Yemeni involved in a case related to state security, the Special Criminal Court in Riyadh said the men worked as middlemen and managed inves
Abdullah Al-Dhiyabi & Sami Al-Maghamsi Okaz/Saudi Gazette Makkah/Madinah — Nearly one million worshipers performed the first Friday prayer in the holy month of Ramadan in the Grand Mosque. Worshipers, Umrah performers and visitors from within the Kingdom and abroad filled all
Salem bin Ahmad Al-Sahhab
I would like to thank the Ministry of Labor for the series of procedures and regulations it has issued in a decision aimed to improve the way the sector concerned with recruiting domestic workers operates.
These include the ministry’s direct coordination with co
Madinah recently witnessed a total power outage that affected all parts of the city. This is something that has not happened in the city for over 40 years.
What made it worse is that it happened during the heat of the day. The outage was caused by two giant electricity towers th
Abdullah Monawwer Al-Jamili
Not long ago, a newlywed Saudi man booked a room at one of Jeddah’s well-known five-star hotels.
His car was vandalized and items were stolen from it while it was parked in the hotel’s car park.
The incident led to him being involved in a
MAKKAH — The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques reopened King Abdulaziz Gate in the Grand to worshippers and Umrah pilgrims on Thursday, the first day of Ramadan.
The gate remained closed since the beginning of the current Hijra year (November 2014) when work started for the third and final phase of th
Saudi Gazette report MEMBERS of the public often fail to carry out their duties as good citizens and choose to take no action against negative practices that take place before their eyes. They only capture what is happening on their cell phones and post the videos on social media websites. A rec
Saudi Gazette report MANY Saudi women use the popular micro-blogging site Twitter and photo-sharing site Instagram as an easy and inexpensive way to market their homemade dishes to potential clients. These social media “cooks” have discovered a way to give people access to healthier, homemade food
Saudi Gazette report Saudi women have, in recent years, come to hold top leadership positions inside and outside the country and won the right to vote and run in municipal council elections. They have also played a major role in making important decisions in several sectors within ministries, universities and
MAKKAH — The municipality razed buildings at Mount Al-Masafi as they were built without a license. The local authority said it had demolished buildings on the same area previously but the same violating investor contracted with a new company to build again without a license. The owner even rented out his apartment buildings to families and e
JAZAN — Six nurses died in two separate accidents in Jazan and Buraidah, Qassim Province. In the first incident, three people died and 13 others were injured in an accident on Friday. Jazan Health Affairs spokesman Husain Al-Maashi said a bus transporting nurses toppled over, injuring everyone on board. Three of the injured victims were take
NAJRAN — A man accused a hospital of killing his brother after he was severely injured in a car accident on Wednesday. Mohammad Al-Mutlaq said his brother was injured in a car accident along with other victims, of whom some died. He needed blood transfusions and the hospital did not have enough blood so they had to ask for the central hospit
NAJRAN — A man accused municipality employees of assaulting his 12-year-old nephew while they were razing his brother’s camel barn in Khabbash. Hasan Al-Mansour said his brother owns a piece of land in which he lives in with his family and camels. He has two rooms and a fence separating the camels from where his family eats and sleeps.
Samar Yahya Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — A two-day Egyptian bazaar that showcased unique products was held at the consul general’s residence last week under the auspices of Riham El-Alfy, wife of the consul general Adel. The exhibited items included cotton linen,
JEDDAH — The Municipality of Jeddah seized and destroyed large quantities of food products from commercial shops south of Jeddah.
Muhammad Al-Zahrani, head of the south Jeddah municipality branch, said a committee from the municipality,