- RSS Channel Showcase 2099743
- RSS Channel Showcase 9601932
- RSS Channel Showcase 3876897
- RSS Channel Showcase 4776400
Articles on this Page
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Butchery shut down ...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Fire in warehouse d...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Two found dead on K...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Shaky building leav...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _12 workers hurt as ...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _14 companies penali...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Zakat thieves
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Tashkeil hosts annu...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Family disputes con...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Prison prank
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Municipality recove...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Alireza named honor...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Man questioned for ...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Wake up, Ministry o...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Scholar permits spe...
- 06/14/15--14:00: _Water company brace...
- 06/15/15--14:00: _‘Media has big role...
- 06/15/15--14:00: _Creativity and inno...
- 06/15/15--14:00: _Fire in warehouse c...
- 06/15/15--14:00: _Driver burns to de...
- 06/14/15--14:00: Butchery shut down over health violations
- 06/14/15--14:00: Fire in warehouse doused, no injuries
- 06/14/15--14:00: Two found dead on Khafji coast
- 06/14/15--14:00: Shaky building leaves residents scared
- 06/14/15--14:00: 12 workers hurt as car overturns
- 06/14/15--14:00: 14 companies penalized for faking Saudization
- 06/14/15--14:00: Zakat thieves
- 06/14/15--14:00: Tashkeil hosts annual Ramadan bazaar
- 06/14/15--14:00: Prison prank
- 06/14/15--14:00: Municipality recovers illegally claimed land
- 06/14/15--14:00: Alireza named honorary Mexico consul
- 06/14/15--14:00: Man questioned for sexually assaulting 9-year-old girl
- 06/14/15--14:00: Wake up, Ministry of Labor!
- 06/14/15--14:00: Scholar permits speed camera warnings
- 06/14/15--14:00: Water company braced for summer demand
- 06/15/15--14:00: ‘Media has big role to play in safeguarding India’s secular fabric’
- 06/15/15--14:00: Creativity and innovation key to success
- 06/15/15--14:00: Fire in warehouse complex doused
- 06/15/15--14:00: Driver burns to death after crash
NAJRAN — The municipality shut down a butcher shop in Abu Al-Saoud District of Najran for violating health regulations. Municipality spokesman Abdullah Al-Fadel said the local authority is running thorough inspection campaigns to ensure all products are fit for consumption.
MAKKAH — Firefighters put out a warehouse fire in Al-Akishiyah District on Saturday. Makkah Civil Defense spokesman Capt. Naif Al-Shareef said the fire started in the backyard of the premises. The backyard contained junk and the warehouse was full of cartons and paper, said the spokesman. Most of the goods in the warehouse were burned but fi
JUBAIL — Border Guard search and rescue officers found the bodies of two men who had drowned in Al-Khafji. Eastern Province Border Guards spokesman Capt. Omar Al-Aklabi said officers received reports of two missing men and deployed a search party. They found the men’s bodies on the coast of Al-Khafji Corniche, where swimming is prohibi
RIYADH — Residents of an apartment block got the fright of their lives when the building suddenly started shaking. A resident reported the walls were shaking for no reason and all occupants ran outside out of fear. They called Civil Defense officers who are investigating the cause of the incident. The owner of the building was contacted but
RIYADH — Twelve workers were injured in a road accident north of Riyadh. Riyadh Civil Defense reported the victims were all in one car when it overturned on King Abdullah Road. Ten of the victims were taken to four different hospitals and two were treated at the scene.
Saudi Gazette report
RIYADH — The Ministry of Labor has suspended its services from 14 companies for up to two years for registering Saudis not actually working for them to get around Saudization quotas.
The aim of the practice is to increase the rate of Saudization in
Khaled Al-Solaiman Okaz THE electronic linkage between the Ministry of Social Affairs and the General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI) has revealed that as many as 107,000 ineligible Saudi men and women were receiving social security assistance illegally for a number of years. The ministry has dr
Layan Damanhouri and Shahd Alhamdan Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — With Ramadan just around the corner, social enterprise Tashkeil hosted its annual Ramadan Bazaar that introduced the region’s emerging designers in local fashion. For the fifth consecutive year, the
JEDDAH — The Ministry of Justice said personal status cases and family disputes constitute 60 percent of all cases received by courts in the Kingdom.
The ministry’s reports revealed the number of custody and alimony case
A video clip that circulated on social media apparently showing detained prisoners in Jeddah injecting themselves with what appears to be drugs. In a post on its Twitter account, the General Directorate of Prisons said preliminary investigations into the video showed that the prisoners were in fact taking insulin shots and the motive behind uploading the clip on s
Renad Ghanem Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — The municipality succeeded in recovering over 1 million square meters of land from encroachers in south Jeddah. It forms part of an ongoing campaign launched by Jeddah Mayor Hani Abu Ras. Most of the land recovered was surround
Mexican Ambassador Arturo Trejo inaugurates the Honorary Consulate of the United Mexican States in Jeddah with businessman Ali Hussein Alireza (R) and Saudi Gazette Editor at Large Khaled Almaeena (L). — Courtesy photo Saudi Gazette report JEDD
Saudi Gazette report
JEDDAH — A Saudi man accused of sexually assaulting a little girl has been questioned by the Bureau of Investigation and Public Prosecution, Al-Hayat reported.
A source said the man was in his 30s and the victim was 9. The man lived in the same apar
Mohammed Al-Hassani Okaz FOR many years, the Ministry of Labor has been very consistent in the application of its Nitaqat program. Under this program, private companies and establishments are expected to Saudize a certain number of jobs or face the chance of falling in the low-green, yellow or red levels and hence lose
JEDDAH — A renowned Saudi Islamic scholar has said it is okay for motorists to warn each other about the existence of Saher speed cameras so they slow down and avoid getting caught.“This is not only permissible according
MAKKAH — The National Water Company (NWC) has approved its operational plan for water and environmental services in Makkah over the summer that aims to provide adequate supplies of water to Umrah performers and visitors to the Grand Mosque
Hassan Cheruppa Saudi Gazette JEDDAH – An eminent Indian journalist called on the secular parties and the media to rise to occasion in maintaining India’s secular and democratic fabric by resisting the attempts to sow seeds of disharmony and hatred among the 1.25 billion pluralist society.
Hassan Cheruppa Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — The 46th Annual Prize Day of International Indian School-Jeddah (IISJ) was celebrated in a glittering ceremony at the IISJ-boy’s section’s auditorium on Saturday. Indian Consul General B.S. Mubarak was the Chief Guest while Tarek
JAZAN — Three Civil Defense teams rushed to a warehouse complex in Jazan’s industrial area to battle a fire that started in three furniture warehouses. The team managed to control the blaze and prevented it from spreading. The fire damaged premises covering 5,000 sq. meters. Firefighters are still investigating the cause of t
MAKKAH — A man was killed when his car crashed into a lamppost on the Taif-Makkah highway. The driver was driving at a high speed when he lost control of the vehicle. His car caught fire with him trapped inside. Police and the Saudi Red Crescent were not able to identify the victim because the body was burned beyond recognition. He