Articles on this Page
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Fire kills man; wif...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Students evacuated ...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Man detained for st...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Four deaths in car ...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Search for wanted c...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Search on for missi...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Condition of impoun...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Decline in help cen...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Qualified foreign i...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Prince Khaled Bin S...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Stricter measures n...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Enterprising Kerali...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Indian Associations...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Public transport no...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Excellence Award fo...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Electrocution by la...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Investment opportun...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _MoL vs. pvt school ...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _Housemaid admits to...
- 12/10/12--13:00: _House rents skyrock...
- 12/10/12--13:00: Fire kills man; wife and children injured
- 12/10/12--13:00: Students evacuated after false alarm
- 12/10/12--13:00: Man detained for stealing SR10,000
- 12/10/12--13:00: Four deaths in car accidents
- 12/10/12--13:00: Search for wanted criminals
- 12/10/12--13:00: Search on for missing girl
- 12/10/12--13:00: Condition of impound yard upsets Makkans
- 12/10/12--13:00: Decline in help center calls worries experts
- 12/10/12--13:00: Qualified foreign investor seminar in Jeddah
- 12/10/12--13:00: Prince Khaled Bin Sultan attends armed forces military exercise
- 12/10/12--13:00: Stricter measures needed to ‘ensure medicines are safe’
- 12/10/12--13:00: Enterprising Keralites are successful in their ventures – Almaeena
- 12/10/12--13:00: Indian Associations make ‘Winter Fest’ a grand success
- 12/10/12--13:00: Public transport not an option for most women
- 12/10/12--13:00: Excellence Award for AlResalah Channel
- 12/10/12--13:00: Electrocution by lamp post
- 12/10/12--13:00: Investment opportunities abound in India, seminar told
- 12/10/12--13:00: MoL vs. pvt school teachers
- 12/10/12--13:00: Housemaid admits to stabbing mother, daughter in Yanbu
- 12/10/12--13:00: House rents skyrocketing in Makkah
JAZAN — One person was killed and his wife and two children injured when a fire engulfed their apartment. Civil Defense teams attended the site and evacuated the building residents. They also brought the fire under control before it could spread.
Spokesman for Jazan Civil Defense Yahya Al-Qahtani said the fire started in a second floo
TAIF — Taif Civil Defense teams evacuated 3,000 students from the Literature College in the local Al-Faisaliyah neighborhood due to what later turned out to be a false alarm. There was a delay in opening the gates during the evacuation. Spokesman for Taif University Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Talhi said the alarm went off when the electric power was cut. One of t
AL-BAHA — Al-Baha police have detained a man accused of stealing SR10,000 from a store. Spokesman for Al-Baha police Saad Tarad said Al-Makhwah police received a report from a citizen that his store was robbed. A team was formed to search for the suspect who was caught in the store cameras. He was later detained as he was exiting a sports cl
TABARJAL — A man died and his companion injured when their car collided with a truck on Bakhshah Road near Mahliyah in Jazan. Traffic police and the Red Crescent attended the scene and transferred the body and the injured to hospital. Meanwhile, a car overturned on Labnah Samooda Road, east of Rafha, causing the death of the driver and injur
TAIF — Taif police are searching for two people who refused to stop at a police check point. One of the pair is a wanted criminal in a number of cases. The four car occupants fled the Asheerah check point and police pursued the car. The occupants fired at p
AL-QERAYAT — Security bodies are searching for an Arab girl who went missing in a market in Al-Qarayat.
Spokesman for Al-Jouf police Daman Al-Deraan said an Arab national filed a report that his 19-year-old sister was offered transportation by a citizen at the market.
Police could not locate the citizen, but h
MAKKAH — Residents who travel by the park located near the vehicle impound yard at the gateway to Makkah from Al-Sayl Road, say they are upset by the chaos and lack of organization by those in charge and lack of supervision by the municipality. They said that the park has become a
DAMMAM — A number of family, social, and psychological specialists have criticized the decline in the level of free phone consultative services offered by family development committees, charitable organizations and family centers.
Specialists are not available to answer callers’ questions. In addition, the emergence of
(From right) Memon Abdul Khader Sait and Rehan Khan, senior members of the Indian community, Shaikh Imad A. Rahman Munshi and Amer Siddiki, Saudi businessmen, and Indian Consul General Faiz Ahmad Kidwai pose for a photo at the “QFI, Qualified foreign investor” seminar in Jeddah, Sunday. — SG photos by Amer Hilabi
Prince Khaled Bin Sultan, Deputy Minister of Defense, attends the conclusion of “Al-Rumaih 2” military exercise held by the armed forces in the Southern Region, Monday. – SPA
RIYADH — Participants at a symposium here on medicines illegally modified in terms of strength and quality have adopted several recommendations to ensure medicines that enter the market have not been tampered with in any way.
At the event organized Monday by the Riyadh
Saudi Gazette report DAMMAM – The Indo-Arab Literary Forum recently organized the “Round Table Talk Show” as part of the “Winter Fest,” an initiative of the Federation of Indian Associations, at the King Fahd Amusement Park. The talk show brought together Indian writers based
Saudi Gazette report DAMMAM – The Federation of Indian Associations comprising 35 Indian organizations recently organized a two-day “Winter Fest” at the King Fahd Amusement Park here. The festival brought the entire Indian diaspora in the Eastern Province under one roof to witness India&r
JEDDAH — It is common knowledge that women face harassment on Saudi roads.
Male drivers take advantage of the fact that women are alone in a car being driven by a driver who is unlikely to confront them. For those who don’t have private drivers, using taxis is b
Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company, poses with Sheikh Abdullah Al-Manai, member of the Board of Senior Ulema and head of AlResalah Channel’s Supreme Advisory Committee, and other board members in Jeddah, recently. — Courtesy photo JEDDAH — The Forum For Social Studies (FFSS) recently g
Muhammad Bin Sulaiman Al-Ihaidib
ALI Bin Jumaa Al-Salim, the young Saudi man who was electrocuted by a street lamp post on the Dammam Corniche while playing football, is not the first victim of such patent negligence in the Kingdom’s open parks and public places and will certainly not be the last.
Syeda Amtul Saudi Gazette JEDDAH — Speakers at a seminar here Sunday shed light on investment opportunities in India and highlighted good trade relations between India and the Kingdom. The seminar entitled “QFI, Quali
THE Ministry of Labor has unfortunately arrived at the conclusion that the best way to settle the dispute between private school owners and the General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI) is to put the latter’s fees on the shoulders of both male and female teachers. The ministry’s c
YANBU — A housemaid who stabbed a mother and her daughter in Yanbu has admitted to her crime but has not said why she attacked them, local daily Al-Madinah reported Monday.
The mother’s son, Abdul Rahman Mohammed, said she was sleeping in her room while his sister was in another room.
He said: “The h
MAKKAH — Realtors in the Holy City have warned that unless a plan to raise more floors in the existing buildings was approved, rents in Makkah would continue to spiral.
They noted that the annual rent of a small apartment these days is more than SR30,000 and this w